For the game playing masses and other nonsensical ramblings.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Please Keep Legacy

Has anyone who has ever played legacy or southpaw seen the increasingly decline of games that support this control setup. I mean I have been playing fps's from before some of you where even playing games. My first introduction to the console fps genre was golden eye for the 64. I would play that game for hours on end me and my friends would have tournaments and all that crap. Then came along the ps2 and the xbox. I loved them both equally, for the platforming and madden and one for the great fps's that came out respectively. Both still had the legacy because the gaming community would not stand for that dramatic change when these systems where only one removed away from the great era of the golden eye. Then came along the next-gen consoles which developers thought that we had forgotten about legacy and southpaw. But we haven't yet i still play legacy and a lot of other people play that way too. I feel like I have been missing out on some really good games. The video game industry should have a standardized layouts fro the thumbsticks: one should be default, legacy, southpaw and the revese of those i forget the names. Its just bullshit that I cant enjoy the game because I don't have enough time to figure out the new controls I go to school full time i work 30 hours a week. Well fuck you EA. EA is the biggest company that does that doesn't add southpaw and legacy to their control schemes. i really wanted to like moha but the fucking controls. Now i want to play the orange box and EA has decided not to add legacy and southpaw well fuck them I'm not giving them anymore business. I say if you play legacy or southpaw boycott until they include them. thats my piece.

see you on the battlefield,
yoyokid82005

PS. sorry for the rant but I'm tired of throwing down 60 bucks on a game i cant even play or get my full money back on. It just gets annoying.

No comments: